Your privacy is important to us, therefore Nigel Temple and The Marketing Compass Limited operates by these principles:
* If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will never sell or rent your email address to anyone else. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time, as we use MailChimp.
* If you buy something from us via a card payment, we do not store financial details (credit or debit card numbers). We use Eventbrite for open course ticket sales.
* Your private information (credit cards, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our own servers.
* We collect and process “personal data” as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 in providing The Marketing Compass subscription and services. In particular, we use your Personal Information to better understand your requirements and we may occasionally inform you of new features, services and products from Nigel Temple / The Marketing Compass unless you opt-out of such notices.
* All personal data is processed by The Marketing Compass in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Part of our compliance is the registration of the purposes for which we process data with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). This is available on the Public Register of Data Controllers at www.ico.org.uk
* You MUST be 16 years old or over to use our websites and/or attend our events.
* Any “sensitive personal data” as defined in the legislation will only be processed with your explicit consent.
* The Marketing Compass has an obligation under the Act to ensure all data processed are correct and current, but we ask that you review and update your personal information at any time.
* By its very nature and purpose, The Marketing Compass websites are a medium by which people seek to learn about effective marketing techniques and make contact with each other. Other members may contact you via The Marketing Compass website, the private messaging system or directly to your e-mail addresses if visible on your profile. All the personal information you enter onto The Marketing Compass site and choose to be displayed, will be viewable by any other member or any casual visitor to the site, including search engines that index the pages of The Marketing Compass website. We cannot accept responsibility or liability for any processing conducted outside the remit of our services.
* During your membership of The Marketing Compass and its registration process, or at any time thereafter, you control which of the data you have provided is visible via the Privacy and Display settings when logged in and by choosing not to provide this information where this information is optional. Links and content about you created by other members, may be indexed and visible outside The Marketing Compass based on their privacy settings.
* Data are only shared with third parties as part of our services and/or if we are required to do so by UK law. All data are subject to the UK Data Protection Act 1998 as this is where collection and storage occurs, although it may be accessed globally. We cannot accept liability for any processing conducted by third parties outside our remit.
None of the above affects your rights of access to any data we hold about you. If you wish to request a copy of these data, please email email@example.com Please note that any such request may attract an administration fee of £10.00, payable in advance and non-refundable.