I am often asked why MailChimp is used by some many enterprises. Here are some of the reasons:
- MailChimp is free to use if you have less than 2,000 subscribers
- MailChimp currently has 60.51% share of the email marketing industry
- …which means that they are a standard, like WordPress
- The system offers flexibility for different types of users
- MailChimp has high email deliverability rates
- You can sort and select your subscribers easily, i.e. using Groups and Tags
- Campaign creation is straightforward; having chosen a layout you can quickly create, test and send your email Campaigns
- There is a comprehensive reporting system for Campaigns (emails) and Audiences (lists)
- You can personalise your emails which will help to increase your open rates
- You can setup automation workflows, i.e. Welcome messages
- MailChimp integrates with a wide range of cloud-based software platforms (integration is the way that digital marketing is going, isn’t it?)
- MailChimp has strong brand recognition, which helps subscribers to feel reassured
- You can pay monthly, based on the number of subscribers that you have or you can pay as you go, if you use it intermittently
- MailChimp has been delivering emails for their customers for nearly 19 years
- 10,977 enterprises signup for a MailChimp account every day
Nigel Temple runs a monthly MailChimp open course in central London. He also provides MailChimp in-house training as well as MailChimp consultancy.
MailChimp has over six million users. Startups, small businesses and large enterprises trust MailChimp for their email marketing. Here is a brief overview:
* Adheres to US CAN-SPAM legislation. This is a good thing, for anyone who sends legitimate business email.
* Easy to get started. You need a list and your first Campaign (i.e. newsletter or e-shot).
* It is free for up to 2000 Subscribers / 12,000 emails per month.
* There are a host of features, which you can grow into.
* Being based in the cloud means that you can access it from any device, any time, any time you like.
* MailChimp tracks: Open rates. Click throughs (“who clicked on what?”). Delivery rates (including graphs). Bounces (hard and soft). List growth. Geographic location of subscribers. Subscriber activity reports. Revenue reports (via ecommerce integration). Unsubscribes. Industry comparison. VIP reports.
* Features like the email click-map overlay (heat map) shows you how to improve your email marketing.
* It integrates with CRM, e-commerce, social media and other software platforms that you probably use every day.
* If you watch your website like a hawk, you can integrate MailChimp with Google Analytics (never get bored ever again).
* The reports are insightful. Find out who is reading your messages and what they are doing about it.
I offer MailChimp training, coaching and talks including live demonstrations and step-by-step ‘how to’ guidance. Call me on +44(0)1628 773128 or email me to find out more.
“Nigel Temple is one of the most entertaining and erudite marketing trainers and speakers you will find. I highly recommend him. He has a seemingly unlimited depth of knowledge.” Tom Evans, Shere Solutions